As an experienced consulting civil engineer, this is an opportunity to take a leading role in a small team of highly-skilled and experienced engineers who provide advice to developers and government organisations on issues of flood risk, drainage design, water quality, sustainable development, water resources and air quality.
Your daily duties will be working alongside more-senior members of the team, managing a diverse range of projects while mentoring more-junior members of the team.
You will be a Consulting Civil Engineer with approximately 10 years of experience, ideally chartered, and you will have the following qualities or be proficient in as many of the following activities as possible:
· Liaising and meeting clients and government regulating bodies
· Internal resource and financial project management, including quoting and invoicing.
· Managing small teams of engineers on medium-sized projects
· Good understanding of the UK planning system
· Experience of construction and working with contractors
· Strategic sustainable drainage solutions
· Foul and stormwater drainage design, including SuDS using pipe design software, and review of other designs
· Basic road design/review of other designs
· Applications relating to adoptable drainage under the Water Industry Act (Section 104. Section 106, Section 185 in particular)
· Microdrainage/Causeway Flow modelling and reviewing
· AutoCAD drawing/reviewing
· Report writing/reviewing
· Flood Risk Assessment (not essential)
· Hydraulic modelling (not essential)
· River diversion works (not essential)
This is rewarding work, often requiring innovative solutions to complex problems. Your skills in scientific debate, effective communication and the ability to bridge the gap between theory and reality will be highly valued. We have a young, diverse, enthusiastic team who love the work we do. Salary subject to experience.